001. BACK STORY
I am a designer based out of San Diego, California with over a decade of experience in graphic design, web design, ux/ui, and digital illustration and content creation. Over the years I have had the opportunity to work with all types of clients in various mediums and platforms.
My journey as a designer began when I got the itch to start making my own clothing. I invested in a silk screen printing press at the age of 16 and started printing and selling my own branded clothing out of the back of my truck in high school. This quickly grew from just a hobby to a full on passion and I enjoyed the challenge of coming up with new designs.
After graduating high school, I moved up to Orange County to pursue my BFA in Graphic Design and California State University, Fullerton. There I was exposed to a whole range of creative opportunities and built a network of fellow minded designers. My first job out of college was as a graphic designer for a cycling retailer, City Grounds, who I have worked with for the past 8+ years building the e-commerce website, creating our own line of products, and even expanding into other ventures with them. Along the way I have consistently sought out freelancing opportunities and pushed myself to begin my own creative endeavors.
001. THE DETAILS
Kevin Coleman • San Diego, CA • firstname.lastname@example.orgDOWNLOAD RESUME
City Grounds, Inc. June 2011 - January 2020
Director of Design & UX
• Design and manage digital content for e-commerce website.
• Creation and implementation of marketing strategies and promotions.
• Social media marketing (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
• Product and lifestyle photography and editing.
• Create print content for multiple retail locations (ex: posters, signs, flyers and tags).
• SEO Optimization, working with Google Adwords, Adsense, and Shopping.
Crew Bike Co.February 2014 - January 2020
• Logo design & brand identity and development
• Product design: bicycles, parts, and accessories
• Web design and development
• Social media marketing
• Product & lifestyle photography
Topos OutdoorJune 2011 - January 2020
• Logo Design & Brand Identity Development
• Web Design & Development
• Social Media Marketing including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Freelance DesignerMAY 2011 - PRESENT
• Services offered: graphic design, illustration, web design, and consulting.
• Clients have included agencies, private businesses, and individuals.
001. STUDY LIFE
California State University, Fullerton2006 - MAY 2011
Bachelor of Arts (BFA), Graphic Design • Fullerton, CA
• Member, Graphic Design Club
Escondido High School2003 - 2006
High School Diploma • Escondido, CA
• Student Athlete: Baseball, Basketball, & Football